Total Time: 50 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 pound, 2 ounces fresh chestnuts in their shells
- 2½ tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut a cross on the round side of each chestnut. Place chestnuts in a baking dish, dot with butter and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and lemon zest.
2. Place chestnuts in oven and roast until golden and shells have opened slightly, 35-45 minutes. Serve warm, as a snack. Or peel off outer and inner skins and add to a salad.
—Adapted from “Green Kitchen Travels” by David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl